The sad, ugly green beads went into the oven later... I figured there couldn't be any harm in baking them. All week I kept thinking about them and wondering if I could actually revive them. Wednesday evening I decided to add a little paint... maybe that would help. I brushed on layer upon layer. Yellow, orange, green, blue, copper... They actually started to look better! Then I decided to paint little dots. Not sure where that idea came from! I'm not a polka-dot loving girl at all!! But it seemed to fit.
I finished them off with two-tone czech crystals and some brass and glass beads. And to make them a little fancier, I sprinkled in some toho beads with the wire wrapping at the top. I think they're my favorite pair so far!
And so I decided to call them Happy Returns... an ugly idea revisited turned into a happy pair of earrings!
The fabric in the photo is my new top... somehow I got the colors to match perfectly!!
Check out the Flickr pool here to see what everyone else mixed up for week seven.
See you next week with another pair!